120 Credits on NQF level 5
To register for any Certificate programme, prospective students require one of the following:
- National Senior Certificate as certified by Umalusi. Applicants with different qualifications may only be admitted if they are judged equivalent by the designated equivalence-setting bodies.
NB. Students who do not have a National Senior Certificate may still apply, provided that they have appropriate academic and ministerial experience. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A tertiary qualification at an accredited institution registered by the Department of Education.
- A tertiary qualification at a foreign institution accredited by a recognised accrediting body or by the institution’s national government.
Certified/notarized proof of one of the above requirements should accompany the application form, together with a certified/notarized copy of the student’s Identification Document or valid Passport.
All those who meet these criteria and whose English is of a sufficient standard, are accepted into the programme.
Note: Students enrolling for this programme will need to complete the compulsory course for all SATS students: THE1120 Introduction to Theology.
Higher Certificate in Christian Life: Curriculum
For a description of each course, please go to the Undergraduate Course Details
Choose any five of the following courses:
- BIB1124 Old Testament Survey
- BIB1122 1 Corinthians
- CYM1126 Connecting with Children
- CYM2127 Walking with Wounded Children
- MIS2122 Contemporary Issues in Missions
- MIS2124 Introduction to Missions
- PRA1121 Christian Relationships
- PRA1122 Introduction to Youth and Children’s Ministry
- PRA1124 Biblical Leadership 1
- THE1123 Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
- THE1124 Survey of Church History [Textbook Required]
- THE2121 The Doctrine of the Church
When you enrol, you are required to pay only the enrolment fee, the fee for credits awarded as a result of Recognition of Prior Learning, and the cost of the first two courses. When you have passed your first two courses, you then pay for the next two, and so on.
Click here to see the Higher Certificate in Christian Life Pricing
Minimum study requirements: You are required to complete 48 credits of study every 12 months (commencing with date of enrolment).
IMPORTANT. Please note that the minimum number of courses you must purchase each time is two, even though you only need to do one per term.
Kindly note all fees paid to SATS are non-refundable
To complete the application form for this programme click here.
Please take extra care when completing the online application form not to use apostrophes, commas, inverted commas, brackets or slashes.