Christian Counselling Conference – Focusing on Children in Crisis
Traumatized children need a therapeutic experience that is physically, emotionally and spiritually secure. Play therapy is apsychologically and Biblically sound intervention which meets this need. Topics that will be addressed at the conference are:
- Healing hurt children through play therapy.
- Sandtray therapy provides children a safe place to process turmoil and trauma
- Processing, challenging and intense emotions through use of metaphors and symbols.
- Development of Emotional Intelligence in children
- AIDS-adoption and fostering difficult children
- Faith development and well-being in children
Who should attend? Counsellors, Teachers, Social workers, Pastors, Sunday school teachers, Creche, Pre-school programmes and Adoption society representatives. Keynote Speakers: Prof. Daniel Sweeney and Dr. Rinda Blom
|Date:||16th and 17th May 2008|
Bryanston Methodist, Grosvenor Road, Bryanston
|Time:||08h30 – 16h30|
|Contact:||Jenny Mason Telephone: + 27 11 234 4440 Fax: + 27 11 234 4445 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fees:||Early Registration: R350.00 Late Registration: R370.00 Group of 5 or more people: R340 per person|
All fees cover early morning tea/coffee, mid morning tea and cake, lunch and afternoon tea and access to conference notes.