The Decentralisation Dream
A long-term goal has been for SATS to become predominantly decentralised. This goal has recently been realised. In this article, Dr Kevin Smith articulates the ‘decentralisation dream’ and describes the implications of the changes for our staff and students.
Being African and Female
SATS is pleased to announce a PhD scholarship for African women. While seeking to invest in the theological formation of one successful applicant, SATS hopes to spread the message that its online learning model opens new possibilities for women to pursue theological studies at all levels—from certificate to PhD. To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- African and female
- Hold an accredited research master’s degree, preferably in theology
- If your master’s degree is not in theology, you need to have completed some credits in theological studies.
- Hold a significant position in your local church or community
You can find out more, including how to apply, HERE.
Buying Your Courses and Calculating the Cost
To streamline our services to our students, SATS has recently made two significant changes:
- An online order form: You may now order anywhere between 1 and 4 courses for the coming term, directly from your profile in MySats, without having to contact SATS! Remember, if you order two or more courses at a time, you will enjoy a 10% discount* on your course fees.
- Electives on the go: Students no longer need to choose their electives in advance. Every term, a rotating selection of electives will be available for order. You may simply order whatever electives appeal to you. Once you have completed the requisite number of electives for a particular year, no more electives will be available for order.
*Discounts may differ for partnership students.
Please note that as from term 2, courses will no longer be open a month in advance. Term 2 courses will only be available on the 1st of May.
New Video Content
We have been recording a lot of video content recently, much of which has been released online. We cover topics ranging from: Church Leadership, Biblical Archaeology, Islam, Doctrine, Spirituality, and much more.