We celebrated our annual graduation ceremony at the Rosebank Union Church on 18th May. With over 120 students in attendance, and even more graduating in absentia, it was the largest graduating cohort in the history of the Seminary! Besides the awarding of qualifications, special student awards were also awarded for excellence in homiletics, and research and writing. Dr Kevin Smith (Principal, SATS) addressed the students about the state of the Seminary, recognising all that God is doing at and through SATS. The student speaker (Pst. Mlungisi Mayedwa, MTh graduate) shared about his journey with SATS, admonishing his fellow graduates to maintain a passion for life-long learning, and the guest speaker (Dr Thomas Schirrmacher, World Evangelical Alliance) encouraged the graduates to reach the world, not just Africa, with the gospel. All in attendance were led in a time of corporate worship by Mrs Liz Pass and a music team, including a choir of SATS staff members.
To receive notifications when videos of the graduation ceremony and speeches are uploaded to Youtube, you can subscribe to the SATS channel HERE.
Here are first photographs of the proceedings.
- Student Speaker Pst. Mlungisi Mayedwa (MTh graduate) shared some of his journey with SATS, and admonished his fellow graduates to pursue life-long learning.
- Dr Thomas Schirrmacher (World Evangelical Alliance) delivering the Commencement Speech.
- Liz Pass and the music team (including the SATS choir) leading all in attendance in a time of praise and worship.
- The graduating class of 2019 file in, led by the PhD graduates.
- Dr Johannes Malherbe (Head of Academics) leads the congregation in prayer.
SATS is presenting a free webinar entitled “Paul’s Theology on Men and Women” on 10-11 July 2019. The webinar will feature Keynote Speaker Professor Cynthia Long Westfall (McMaster Divinity College) and Plenary Speakers Professor Elna Mouton (Stellenbosch University) and the Rev Dr Vuyani Sindo (George Whitefield College, South Africa), along with a selection of other papers.
If you are interested in attending the event, follow the registration procedure outlined HERE.