This module deals with the moral implications of the gospel, introducing today’s Christian worker to skills and tools that will help them engage postmodern society with clear Christian motives and persuasion.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the differences between selected ethical theories.
- Explain the similarities and dissimilarities between African ethics and Western ethics.
- Identify ethical theories that conflict with the Bible in particular and Christian ethics in general.
- Appropriate morality (ethics) as defined in the Bible as a way of life both personally and publicly.
- Apply ethical principles to practical scenarios in a ministry and community context.
- Classify and summarize current ethical issues and think critically about existing practices and suggest ways of improving or rectifying the moral dilemma.
- Appreciate the role of the Bible in formulating ethical theories.
- Welcome competing ethical views as an aid for contextualizing and presenting your perspective.