This course prepares the student with the pastoral responsibilities of preaching, teaching, leading, equipping, administrating, and many other tasks in the context of the local Church.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Construct a Bible-based model of the work of a pastor.
- Conduct home and hospital visits.
- Formulate procedures for performing weddings, funerals, baptisms, the blessing of children, and holy communion.
- Formulate a procedure for integrating visitors into the church.
- Create ongoing opportunities for members to serve God.
- Devise a plan for establishing a new ministry in your church (e.g., cells, youth, children’s, women’s, outreach, etc.).
- Describe principles of pastoring in a rural context, a multi-cultural setting, or a cross-cultural context.
- Implement Biblical disciplinary procedures for dealing with sin in the church body.