This course provides an introductory level overview of the five major world religions, namely, African Traditional Religions, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the critical characteristics of the African people and the differing religious views they hold.
- Identify and explain pertinent aspects of Islam.
- Explain Jewish Messianic expectations and views about Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the foundations and critical influences of Buddhism.
- Explain the origins, worldview, and significant points of the belief system of the Hindu people.