Although Islam is a growing religion through much of the world, it is not usually very well understood by the church. In this course, you will gain foundational knowledge of the origin, history, writings, doctrine, and structure of Islam, and learn who Muhammad, the founder of Islam, was in comparison to Jesus Christ. All too often there is confusion about Allah being the same God as Yahweh. You will discover in this course that the nature and character of Yahweh and Allah are really very different. You will also learn about the missional objectives and strategies of Islam compared with those of Christianity, as well as exploring missional methods of presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ to Muslims.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of the origin, history, writings, doctrine, and structure of Islam.
- Compare the character and role of Muhammad (the founder of Islam) with that of Jesus Christ (the founder of Christianity).
- Compare the nature and character of Yahweh with that of Allah.
- Compare the missional objectives and strategies of Islam with those of Christianity.
- Critique methods and models for presenting the gospel of Jesus Christ to Muslims.