The Human Development and Christian Counselling Course is designed to help the caregiver (pastor, lay-counsellor, and professional counsellor) understand the biophysical, intellectual, social, psychological, and spiritual changes that people undergo throughout their life span: from conception until death.
It will practically guide the student through all the phases of development and equip Christian Counsellors with the necessary skills to use human-development-theory as an explanatory model in coming alongside people.
At the completion of this module, the student-counsellor will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of human development and life-span issues in Christian
- Differentiate between the types of life events (phases and transitions)
- Define developmental psychology
- Demonstrate an understanding of the neuropsychological basis of mental disorders
- Relate the basic developmental theories to Christian ministry and counselling
- Apply developmental-theory as an explanatory model in assessing care-giving needs