The word genesis means “beginning” and the book of Genesis is the book of beginnings par excellence. The foundations of a biblical worldview are laid in Genesis.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Defend evangelical convictions concerning the composition and historicity of the book of Genesis. Demonstrate an understanding of the historical and theological meaning and significance of Genesis 1:11.
- Communicate the historical, theological, and devotional significance of Abraham and Jacob (Gen. 12:36) using a storytelling method.
- Retell the story of Joseph as a first-person narrative in a way that brings out its theological and devotional significance.
- Describe the entire story of salvation-history.
- See how the book of Genesis is foundational for our understanding of the nature of God, the nature and purpose of humankind.
- See how the book of Genesis is foundational for our understanding of the divine design for marriage and family, the origin and implications of sin, the election of Abraham and Israel, and the mission of God.