This course presents a survey of the Old Testament prophetic books. It shows the importance of understanding the original context and appreciating the Abrahamic, Davidic, and Mosaic covenants as preparation for the New Covenant.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the titles and functions of the Old Testament prophets.
- Evaluate the hermeneutical principles that have served as the foundation for prophetic interpretation.
- Describe the historical and social background of the Old Testament prophets.
- Demonstrate understanding of the message of these prophetic books
- Summarise of the message of (a) Hosea and (b) Amos.
- Outline the theology of (a) Ezekiel and (b) Daniel.
- Accurately interpret a passage from the prophets.