This course is a study of the Apostle Paul within the first-century Greco- Roman context. This course surveys his thirteen letters and summarises his historical, theological, and pastoral contributions to the Christian faith.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Interpret Paul and his letters in light of his historical and cultural milieu.
- Critically evaluate background issues concerning Paul’s letters.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the content of Paul’s letters.
- Describe Paul’s theology and evaluate its implications for contemporary Christian praxis.
- Apply lessons from the study of Paul’s letters to contemporary issues in church and society.