This is a practical course about how to study the Bible step-by- step. The course introduces you to methods and tools for serious Bible study using English Bibles.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of each book of the New Testament.
- Use the four-step method of devotional Bible study described in the textbook.
- Conduct an expository Bible study, applying sound principles of interpretation.
- Discuss the main divisions, the text, and the World of the New Testament.
- Define ‘the synoptic problem’ and describe the most popular current solution.
- Demonstrate understanding of evangelical principles of Bible interpretation.
- Conduct a devotional study of a Bible passage using the method presented in the “Devotional Study Workflow.”
- Conduct an in-depth study of a Bible passage using the method presented in the “Passage Study Workflow.”