SATS was planted by the Lonehill Village Church. Although the seminary is an independent organisation, the church continues to play a prominent role in governance at the Board level.
The South African Theological Seminary is governed by a Board of Directors that meets four or five times each year. The Directors are committed followers of Jesus Christ. They bring a diverse skill set and extensive business experience to ensure that SATS is well governed.
- Pastor Adam Spence (BCom, BTh Hons), Chairman
- Mrs Eleanor Chamberlain (FCIS), Secretary
- Mr Stuart Tapson (BCom, CA)
- Mr Henning du Plessis (BCom)
- Dr Kevin Smith (PhD)
- Pastor Douglas Timberlake (BTh Hons, MBA)
- Mr Kehinde Ogunrombi (BSc Hons)
- Mr Xavier Marot (BA in Marketing)