Our mission is to provide Biblical, Christocentric distance education and training to Christians, and leaders in particular, within their local church environment, to equip them to be Holy Spirit empowered members of God’s household
Within this context we understand that our purpose is to:
Provide lifelong learning opportunities in theological church-related and ministry studies of a sound academic standard and practical application.
Provide relevant and meaningful student support through student counselling, tutors, mentors and contact session facilities.
Provide students with affordable distance tuition via pedagogically sound and technologically up-to-date and appropriate delivery methodologies and mechanisms.
Foster a culture of student accountability and responsibility for the learning process within the context of local church and community.
Work proactively and consistently towards the fulfilment of national policy objectives for social transformation by:
- Developing policy frameworks that do not prejudice any potential students on the grounds of age, race or gender.
- Soliciting bursary funds for members of previously disadvantaged communities and others who cannot afford to study at a tertiary level.
Develop our academic staff capability through the maintenance of an intellectual culture and an ongoing commitment to academic development, training and education of our faculty.
Develop increased levels of competence and job satisfaction of all staff through periodic assessment, personal development, training programmes and promotion from within where possible.
Facilitate the career development of church and other Christian workers by providing degree and other higher education programmes that are academically acceptable to the broad Christian community and relevant to ministry requirements.
Undertake research to advance knowledge in the fields of Christian theology and ministry.
Contribute to the South African, African and international higher education community through discourse, interaction, creative partnerships, the hosting of conferences and publication of articles
Contribute meaningfully to the development of South African society by:
- Aiding the restoration of the moral and ethical fibre of society by inculcating Biblical values and principles through our range of courses and by providing bursaries, within the limitations of available funds, to indigent students.
- Addressing societal issues at both a preventative and a counselling level through the development of specific courses.
- Providing contextual education and training with respect to a range of issues facing Christian leaders.