360 Credits on NQF level 7 (30 courses of 12 credits each)
To register for this programme, prospective students require one of the following:
- National Senior Certificate as certified by Umalusi, with an achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) or better in four recognised NSC 20-credit subjects from the designated list in the Minimum Admission Requirements for Higher Certificate, Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree Programmes requiring a National Senior Certificate, Government Gazette, Vol. 482, No. 27961, 18 August 2005. Applicants with different qualifications may only be admitted if they are judged equivalent by the designated equivalence-setting bodies. Alternatively a Higher Certificate or Advanced Certificate in a cognate field will satisfy the minimum requirement.
- A tertiary qualification at an accredited institution registered by the Department of Education.
- A tertiary qualification at a foreign institution accredited by a recognised accrediting body or by the institution’s national government.
Certified/notarized proof of one of the above requirements should accompany the application form, together with a certified/notarized copy of the student’s Identification Document or valid Passport. All those who meet these criteria and whose English is of a sufficient standard, are accepted into the programme.
Click here to go to the enrolment procedure.
- BIB1121 Essential Bible Study Principles
- BIB1123 The Words and Works of Jesus
- PRA1122 Introduction to Youth and Children’s Ministry
- THE1120 Introduction to Theology
- THE1121 Christian Foundations
- THE1122 Biblical Worldview
Choose any four courses from the following:
If you select the Greek Courses you need to complete both at level 1 and both at level 2
- BIB1122 1 Corinthians
- BIB1124 Old Testament Survey
- CYM1126 Connecting with Children
- PRA1121 Christian Relationships
- PRA1124 Biblical Leadership 1
- THE1123 The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
- THE1124 Survey of Church History [Textbook Required]
- BGK1121 Biblical Greek 1A [Two Textbooks Required]
- BGK1122 Biblical Greek 1B [Prerequisite BGK1121]
- BHB1121 Biblical Hebrew 1A [Textbook Required]
- BHB1122 Biblical Hebrew 1B [Prerequisite BHB1121]
NB. To reap the full bene ts of the Biblical Language course, you will need to take all 4 Greek or Hebrew courses.
- BIB2121 Hermeneutics
- BIB2123 Historical Books
- BIB2125 Paul’s Letters
- MIS2124 Introduction to Missions
- THE2122 The Doctrine of Man and Sin
- THE2123 The Doctrine of Salvation
- BIB2122 The Pentateuch
- BIB2124 Book of Acts
- CYM2127 Walking with Wounded Children
- MIS2122 Contemporary Issues in Missions
- MIS2123 The Historical Perspective on Missions
- PRA2121 Christian Counselling 1
- PRA2122 Pastoral Ministry
- PRA2123 Homiletics
- THE2121 The Doctrine of the Church
- THE2124 The Doctrine of God
- BGK2121 Biblical Greek 2A [Prerequisite BGK1122]
- BGK2122 Biblical Greek 2B [Prerequisite BGK2121]
These courses are compulsory:
- BIB3128 Genesis
- BIB3129 Romans
- THE3123 Apologetics
- THE3124 Christian Ethics
- THE3125 Church History
Select any five from these:
- BIB3121 The Wisdom Books
- BIB3122 The General Letters
- BIB3127 Prophetic Books
- MIS3121 World Religions
- MIS3124 Church Growth
- MIS3125 Islam
- PRA3121 Conflict and Reconciliation [Textbook Required]
- PRA3122 Church Management
- PRA3124 Christian Counselling 2 (Prerequisite PRA2121)
- PRA3125 Church Leadership
- THE3121 The Doctrine of the Kingdom
- THE3122 The Doctrine of Revelation
- THE3126 African Theology
Minimum study requirements: You are required to complete 48 credits of study every 12 months (commencing with date of enrolment).
To complete the application form for this programme click here.
Please take extra care when completing the online application form not to use apostrophes, commas, inverted commas, brackets or slashes.
Kindly note all fees paid to SATS are non-refundable.